Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Our Garden

I've had a few days off work and yesterday the weather was quite nice so I took the opportunity to sit around in the garden doing nothing but a bit of sketching. I was quite pleased with how these came out.

As I sketched my favourite corner of the garden with its birch tree (very good for hanging the hammock off) a grass-snake slithered past. It was about 2ft long with bright yellow markings behind its head and moved completely silently. I once saw one whilst out for a walk - it seemed quite an exotic visitor to be slithering across my lawn.

This shady part of the garden is also where my cat Tom is burried - at the back near the Alliums and daisies...

This is a slowly collapsing shed - not long for this world...

And finally some Pekin Bantam chickens - the newest addition to our garden. Named Julian and Emily by Finn after his school-friends. They don't keep still for long...

No comments: