Monday, February 08, 2010

FIAT S76

Quite pleased with this one. Perhaps one of the craziest cars of all time. 28 litre four cylinder engine. Built around 1912 in order to set speed records. Apparently it achieved 132mph - but didn't manage the return run so the result was disallowed. Only two of these were built, the history is very vague leading to all sorts of exaggerated and false stories. It was also called 'The Beast of Turin' and that was what I was trying to capture with the painting - a ferocious animal pouncing...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous!

Unknown said...

This one is awesome! Really does look like an animal ready to pounce. Really love this series!

Oscar Woodruff said...

Super sweet as always. Your touch is remarkable.

stefan marjoram said...

Thanks everyone. I had fun with this one. Someone's rebuilding one of these near me - I'm hoping I might get to draw it one day.

Historic Car Art said...

Stefan - these are great...