Friday, August 20, 2010

Yorkshire

Went up to visit relatives who live on the edge of the North Yorkshire moors. I damaged my knee in a space hopper race so wasn't able to do much walking. Still, it gave me a bit of time to sketch.

Helmsley is a small town to the north of York with some very interesting buildings and a castle in cross-section. There's also a small, picturesque stream running through it...


I was really pleased with these two - perhaps I should just stick to one or two colours...


This is a longer one done at the remains of Jervaulx Abbey. They were great to explore. I could easily spend a month drawing there...

A very quick sketch of an interesting architectural feature in a doorway at the abbey...


We had a bit of time before our train left so we visited the train museum in York. This is a very quick sketch...


Our return train sat just outside Birmingham station just long enough for us to miss our connecting train. We had a bite to eat and I quickly sketched this tall building. (I've since found out it's the Nat West tower - and it's due to be demolished)...

No comments: