Thursday, May 31, 2012

La Vie En Bleu, Prescott

A wonderful weekend at the French-themed festival. There's always a great party atmosphere with musicians, can can dancers and very funny performers dressed as chefs, policemen and onion sellers. Got to see some old favourites and also some cars that I'd hoped to see for a long time. Didn't get an awful lot of sketching done - too many distractions. I'll add some photos soon.


I love this huge-engined monster. 4 cylinders and 17.5 litres...



Another favourite of mine. Very low slung. I love the way the big V8 and exhausts stick out the sides...


This is a beautifully engineered car - very crisp looking in its bare metal with a stunning supercharged engine...



I've wanted to see this for a long time. It's one of my favourite cars and I really enjoyed sketching it. Originally it had a 16degree V-Twin - it's now fitted with a single cylinder engine of the same vintage. Frustratingly the original motor is rusting away in a garden but the owner won't sell it...



Wonderful aero-engined beast - capable of over 130mph - if you're brave enough! Starting to get bored of the black Prismacolor pencil so I tried sketching with a blue pencil for a change...



No comments: